What does the novel Outlander, gemstones and foreseeing the future have in common? Read on to find out!
Quirky things I love to do that make my life better. Ready? Go!
1. Every time I go to the bathroom, I run my hands in front of my chakras to clear energy and imagine releasing it. It’s my 10 second habit that keeps me clear.
2. Whenever I’m in a space for long, I ground it with neutrality & amusement for everyone. (To learn how to ground, click here for a free guided-meditation)
3. I keep a microwave around basically to heat up those microwavable heat warmers and I put it around my neck or in the bottom of the bed at night, in winter, to keep me warm.
4. I think sipping on warm lemon water first thing in the morning is the best thing one could do. (I don’t always do it.)
5. Take regular salt baths.
6. Get a diffuser and put yummy essential oils in it to uplift your mood.
7. At night, before sleep, I wrap myself in white light. I fill my body with it. Then, I surround my outer aura shell in gold, with the outermost layer in purple. I do this to protect my energy from other beings seeing my bright, white light too clearly, so that I’m somewhat incognito on the astral. I also ground and move my awareness to different places & spaces in my body. (This last part comes from Eckhart Tolle.)
8. Factor flowers into your budget regularly. I think it does wonders for uplifting the spirit. (I may or may not invite the fairies to hop on my selected bouquet to come home with me. No, that would be weird.)
9. I’m regularly learning. I’m currently in an e-course on how to launch an e-course, (Woot!) I’m also in the school of the modern mystic, I’m taking a course on writing a children’s book, all on top of nurturing relationship, exercising, sleeping well, writing a book, building a business and working as a literature teacher for young ones. Keep learning.
10. I believe a simple hike in nature can ground out your emotional body and uplift your spirits. Get outside.
11. I think morning pages, journaling, or seeing a therapist are necessary activities for self-growth & reflection.
12. I believe in the metaphysical properties of gemstones and wear or carry them with me wherever I go.
13. Dreams give us hints about the future and the power to change the course of our lives. Remember your dreams. Write them down.
14. Don’t drink tap water. I think it calcifies your pineal gland (3rd eye). Make fresh, clean water a part of your life.
15. I’m always reading a juicy novel to satisfy the romantic, dramatic inner part of me. If I’m not involved in a drama in a book, I’ll create one in my life. Read. Check out Outlander. Yumm!
18. Say some kind of prayer before leaving the bed. Regularly chant things like: I am powerful, I am abundant, I am strong, I am loved as you go about your day.
19. Buy products for your face & hair that are healthy & good for the environment.
20. Rub oil on your body, in your hair, and on your feet. Try coconut in the summer, sesame seed in the winter, fall, or spring. Brush your skin before you apply the oil.
Thanks for joining with me today! I hope you’ll try some of these self-care practices or rituals if they’re new to you! Leave me a comment and let me know how it goes. What quirky habits do you love to do that you could share? Post them below, I love to hear from you!