Let’s face it, it can seem challenging to make life work. Between jobs, bills, family, children, and tending to our own needs, how do we strike a balance?
I’ve created my top-ten list of ways to make life work. I think the following tasks are easy enough to do on a regular basis, and essential to keeping life workable and fulfilling. Try them out and see!
1. Have just 3 important tasks on your daily “to-do” list. Celebrate if you get even one done!
2. Meditate. Make time for it. Even just 10 minutes a day can change your life! Sit quietly, eyes closed or open and fixed on one spot and just be still and follow your breath at the heart.
3. Write, journal, or have some way to reflect your inner thoughts to the outer world. If you don’t like to write, then see a counselor or talk with a trusted friend- make sure you have a support system that’s a reflective touch stone. This will help you gain clarity about your life and purpose and will keep you nourished, heart and soul.
4. Move your body– dance! Get outside and go for a walk, or take a dance class. Don’t have time? Turn up your favorite song and get down in your living room! Or, get a rebounder and jump for a few minutes while you watch t.v.
5. Drink lots of clean water. When we are hydrated, our bodies work better, our thinking is clearer, and life will be easier. Be sure that you’re drinking enough water throughout your day. Finally, ensure that the water you’re drinking is clean and flouride-free!
6. Vision. Spend time at the end of the day visioning your desired life. Hold the feelings and visions in your mind’s eye, feel how you’ll feel. Allow yourself to marinate in what you desire for your life. This attracts your dream life to you- it’s how we manifest!
7. Be grateful. End each day with thinking about what you’re grateful for. Go over the day, from start to finish, and think of all the blessings that you enjoyed. Be thankful for the cozy bed you’re in, your safety, your warm house, your loved ones. Marinate in the magic that is your life. Even in hard times, we all have small comforts to be grateful for.
8. Have money dates. Once a week, have a money date with yourself or your honey. Look over your money. Dig in. Look at your past expenditures, expenses, income. Track it. Be with it. Breath over it. Make a plan. Feel empowered.
9. Spend 15 minutes a day in your zone of genius. Most of us have a dream for our future- to write that book, or get published, or go back to school, or create a new business. Set a timer for 15 minutes a day and spend that time forwarding your most important desire & dream. With as little as 15 minutes a day, we can make huge strides forward in an area of life that’s very important to us.
10. Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is a time to rejuvenate and heal our body, to rest our mind, and to allow our spirit to dream and travel in the astral realms. This is an important part of living a healthy life. Turn off all electronics at least an hour before bedtime and see if you enjoy reading a good book to help lull you to sleep. This is one of my favorite times of day.
I hope that you got some ideas, or re-affirmation for how to strike a balance in your life, so that it works for you.
All my love,